Time for a Brand New Smile with Our Dental Implants in Mill Creek, WA
Advantages of dental implants
- Implants are extremely natural looking
- Fusion of the implants into your jaw make them very stable and comfortable compared to traditional dentures
- They last a lifetime
Disadvantages of dental implants
- Implants are expensive and a major financial investment
- The process of getting implants can be time consuming and requires multiple visits to the dentist
- There is a chance the surgery fails (roughly 5% of the time)
Types of implants
Your dentist will be able to tell you which of the three types of implants is right for you:
- Root form implant: This is the most common type of implant where the screw is shaped like the root of a tooth.
- Plate Form Implant:A plate form implant has a flat and long shape and is better suited for a narrow jawbone.
- Subperiosteal Implants: In some cases where there is not enough bone width or height for the root form or plate form implant, a subperiosteal implant may be prescribed. This type of implant is designed to sit on top of the bone, but under the gums.